Senior Backend Engineer
Fashwell is a machine learning company focused on product recognition and understanding in images. Our vision is to recognize all products in every image.
Fashwell’s product recognition API enables developers and retailers from different sectors to build next level visual search products and solve real world problems.
At Fashwell, you can independently accelerate our technology, while being part of a fast paced and motivated team.
About the position
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Fashwell, you are passionate to build scalable, reliable and secure cloud based distributed data processing systems. You are passionate about complex data processing pipelines and keep up to date with best practices and new technology. You like to mentor your colleagues. You do not believe in big rewrites, but in continuous improvements.
You will shape and implement our API services at internet scale. Together with your team, you are going to be constantly improving existing features, reliability, flexibility and scalability of our system.
In your first 4 weeks, you will get familiar with our team and company. You are going to …
- Ramp up understanding of our service ecosystem and tech stack
- Deploy your first service
- Implement your first customer facing API
3 months down the road, you are moving at full speed and are going to …
- Make significant contribution in improving our product data processing pipeline
- Work closely with our ML and data team to deploy new services for our customers
- Extend our tooling to simplify deployment, monitoring and alerting
- Develop your technical vision for our training and production infrastructure
After a year, you will also…
- Build and lead the backend team that oversees all the happily humming services at Fashwell.
- Extensive experience with data pipelines, service oriented architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with web-scale systems handling hundreds of concurrent requests at low latency
- Extensive experience with relational and document oriented Databases
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes on GCP and/or AWS
- Fluency in Python, C++ and another language
- MSc/PhD in computer science or similar
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV and short note, about what you are thrilled to work on.