Senior Backend Engineer
Fashwell is a machine learning company focused on product recognition and understanding in images. Our vision is to recognize all products in every image.
Fashwell’s product recognition API enables developers and big retailers from different sectors to build next level visual products and solve real world problems. We are powering the visual image search features for some of the world’s biggest fashion retailers and online shops. We are also scanning social media posts to find out products in social media images.
Working at a well-funded fast growing startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity, actively shape our tech stack and contribute directly to the final product. At Fashwell, you can independently accelerate our technology, while being part of a fast paced and motivated team.
About the position
As a Senior Backend Engineer you are excited to build a rock-solid service infrastructure. You will architect a state-of-the-art cloud-based machine learning system. You will design and implement our API services at internet scale. Together with your team, you are going to be constantly improving existing features, reliability, flexibility, and scalability of all of Fashwell’s services.
In your first 4 weeks, you will get familiar with our team and company. You are going to …
- Ramp up understanding of our service ecosystem
- Deploy your first service
- Implement your first customer facing API
3 months down the road, you are moving at full speed and are going to …
- Work closely with our ML and data team to deploy new services for our customers
- Extend our tooling to simplify deployment, monitoring and alerting
- Develop your technical vision for our training and production infrastructure
After a year, you will also…
- Build and lead the backend team that oversees all services at Fashwell.
- MsC in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering
- Extensive experience with data pipelines, system architecture and site reliability
- Fluency in Python and another Language
- Experience with Databases and Datastores, Docker and Kubernetes
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV and short motivation letter.