Machine learning engineer
Fashwell is a machine learning company focused on product recognition and understanding in images. Our vision is to recognize all products in every image.
Fashwell’s product recognition API enables developers and big retailers from different sectors to build next level visual products and solve real world problems. We are powering the visual image search features for some of the world’s biggest fashion retailers and online shops. We are also scanning social media posts to find out products in social media images.
Working at a well-funded fast growing startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity, push the boundaries of research in machine learning and contribute directly to the final product. At Fashwell, you can independently accelerate our technology, while being part of a fast paced and motivated team.
About the position
As a Machine Learning Engineer you are excited to solve high impact problems using deep learning and large data sets. You will work closely together with a team of highly experienced computer vision and machine learning specialists to solve product recognition at internet scale.
You will report directly to the Senior Machine Learning Engineer and work closely to solve the challenges that our customers face. As part of this team, you will stay up to date with latest research in detection, segmentation and metric learning and come up with creative solutions to improve our technology. If you are motivated to work on fast paced challenging problems, interested in growing your skills in deep metric learning then this role is for you.
In your first 4 weeks you are going to…
- Get familiar with our machine learning framework
- Improve an existing model and ship it to production
- Be a key problem solver and contributor of new ideas and solutions.
3 months down the road, you are moving at full speed and will…
- Use the latest ML research to improve our product recognition pipeline
- Work on multiple client projects to solve challenges and improve our tech.
After 8 months you are also going to …
- Lead applied research team efforts on unsolved challenges and push them to production
- Identify new training data sources and learning methodologies that shape the future of Fashwell’s product offering
- MsC in computer science, mathematics or related fields
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Proven knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics.
- Experience in Python
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV and short motivation letter.